Who are you?
I'm Frank; proud Chicagoan and writer with success in teaching my father how to use the internet.
After eventually overcoming a dangerous and unstable childhood...
It has become my goal to help youth living unaccompanied, unemployed or corrupted by drugs or gang violence to obtain and sustain honest careers.
What are you doing?
I've sold all my furniture and cashed out my 401k plan to fund a walk across the country from Delaware to California.
Every day, I'll be out fundraising for our kids and consulting with public officials in each city about safety, leadership, and policy making
Where is the money going?
At-risk youth ages 7-24. 7 Million Strides is sponsored by Kids Off the Block a 501(c)3 Non-Profit Organization in Chicago, IL.
1. In a time when our country and its cities are clouded by negativity, my walk is also one evoking for change in the way our early generations think about their roles in society and their potential for betterment.
2. Because you come from a troubled household. You've lost a parent, turned to crime, lived in poverty, or have the slightest taste of existing without structure, friends, faith or a sense of self.
3. Because the current system is not working. Not only in Chicago but all over the country. If you don't like something, then change it!
How will you move the needle?
1. Demonstrate to young people, millennials, and generations after mine a creative approach to getting involved in community.
2. Get away from dead end jobs
3. Avoid the en-slavery of welfare
4. Begin mentoring from a younger age
5. Emphasis on youth in transition from rehab, criminal justice system, or recent trauma
6. Institute contracted and incentive based mentor-ship programs
Okay what now? I could use your support..